What does a successful Credit Card Payment Integration look like?
We like to look at any Platform Payment Integration security in 3 phases:
- After the integration
- Before the integration work begins
- Actual integration
Before any technical work begins there should be a conversation around the following:
- What is your payments understanding?
- What are the goals of the platform and what role will payments play?
- Will payments be a customer acquisition vehicle?
- Credit card decline mitigation strategies
- What can be done in planning the integration that allows for self service, offers AutoPay sign up prompts etc
- Do you absolutely have to have instant onboarding? Will payments revenue be a primary source of platform income?
- Is the difference between credit card and ACH processing understood and the reconciliation implications?
- Revenue share is understood
- Who is your ideal client and what implications might that have on your integration?
There are more questions and a conversation is vital.
After the integration:
- Is your client onboarding process simple and easy? Managed Payment Facilitation You don’t want frustrated users that want payments to have to jump through approval hoops or spend time inputting confusing credentials
- What are we doing to maximize platform user adoption of the new payment solution? You may create a fantastic solution but if no one is using you don’t make money and they don’t get value. Marketplace Payment Solutions We work with you to maximize both platform and end user adoption
- Is your revenue stream growing and can we improve?
- Do we have prompt, efficient support when payment questions arise?
During the integration we make sure:
- We are addressing all points raised in the before process
- There is prompt tech support
- We have thoroughly tested all payment methods and reconciliation
- You have sandbox access the provides rigorous testing capabilities
There are more considerations but this should give a good idea of what your Credit Card Payment Integration experience should and will look like in working with AgielPayments.com